Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm off--in more ways than one

This morning I leave for five days, going to a colloquium attached to graduate school. For nearly a week, I will be immersed in research: qualitative, quantitative, statistics, means, t-tests, blah blah blah.

What I am finding is that I am horribly humbled by trying to do this online, from home. I schedule time for each of the kids so they can talk, but when I sit down to research, they fight or, their latest thing, scuffle and wrestle. Since they know it gets on my nerves, they do it secretly, not saying a word, which is even more irritating and distracting. Plus, there is no real separation of work and home anymore, one down side to this telecommuting a few days a week.

I feel overwhelmed, trying to get it all done and trying to get it all in my head to stay. Hopefully, five days of focusing only on this stuff will help considerably. If not, I may have to go spend hours at the library. Or get a brain transplant.

1 comment:

debinca said...

I know what you mean, I cant get any work done till mine are in bed. And I have only the one dd home, plus 2 das and a dh. I am proud of you!