Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The best part of waking up

My husband is a coffee drinker, and he has been addicted to the stuff since he was in fifth grade. I, on the other hand, never drank coffee until I was well into my twenties and only started with caffeine when I went to college and started my job at 4:24 a.m. As in dark o'thirty.

When I arrive at work, every morning, I usually am the one to brew the decaf, and it is generally my intention to drink only decaf that day. However, the spirit is willing, but this ample working mom flesh is not just weak, it is flat-out pooped. Some people spike their coffee with cream, some with liquor, but I spike mine with regular coffee. Who am I kidding? Recently I realized that there should be a recovery program for people like me, people who wonder if mainlining caffeine might not be a viable option.

No comments: